Monday, June 15, 2009

Trip to CA

So, here's the story. Since we bought our house 5 years ago we have been working on projects to finish the house. More recently (the last 2 years or so) we have been trying to finish up all of our projects so we can sell the house. We are wanting to get a place that has a school that will be good for the kids. Also we are wanting a place that will allow us to host more church stuff in our home. On Wednesday evening while feeding Eliza I was looking at houses online. I saw a house that seems like it would work great for us. Sean and I were talking on the way home from Lucas' preschool end of the year party. I suggested that I fly to CA with the kids and Sean work on finishing up the house on the weekends and after work. So, I called my parents on Thursday and flew down Friday afternoon. Oh, the reason we choose to do it so soon is because Lucas starts summer school in 3 weeks. Thanks to a sister who works for an airline...passes made it possible. Ali was also kind enough to fly down here to help me on the plane. She then flew home the next day. It is tough to get much done while the kids are around. So, is painting and putting up trim. Thanks to kindness from friends and family we will be done soon. Who knows if the house I saw online will be the one we buy but at least if we see one we like then we will be ready to put it on the market. And in a market like this who knows if it will sell. I get to spend time with my parents, see my grandparents, & go to the beach. We know in all of this that God will do as he pleases and do what is best for us. If our house doesn't sell we will be content knowing God has a plan. Pictures coming soon!

0 comments: